My final presentation is on Wednesday, and since I am not doing anything else at work at the moment it's shaping up to be a very boring and hot week. Still in the high 80s and still too hot for me to sit at my desk and not get all antsy and impatient.
So these are some things I am looking forward to in America:
-Drying my clothes in the electric dryer! No more hanging my clothes up and waiting forever for them to dry! I don't like drying them outside because then they smell like outside. And I honestly haven't washed my towels in a couple months. Gross I know, but they get so crunchy after I wash them and hang them to dry.
-Dishwasher! I am getting used to the doing dishes by hand thing so it's not so bad. Plus I don't have many dishes to begin with...
-Huge oven to cook with! And four stove burners! Oh the possibilities.
-Cheese. Enough said.
-Reliable internet (well hopefully)
-Grocery stores that are 24/7 or at least open earlier than 9 or 10 am!
-And stores that stay open later than 8 or 9 pm
You know I miss watching television, but I think I could be okay for a little while longer without it as long as I have the internet...
And it's been really nice not having a cell phone. I mean it has been a little inconvenient when you're trying to meet up with someone and no one has a phone, but it's doable. I feel more free without it. Everyone's always glued to their phones, and I am going to try to keep a good distance from my phone when I get back.
Let's see...I am also looking forward to reasonably priced produce so I can eat fruit more than once every couple of weeks. It will also be nice having a wider variety of fruits and vegetables to choose from. Oh and meat that's sold in larger packages! For cheaper prices. Aww. And gallon sized milk containers!! What's wrong with everything being big in America? Nothing.
Oh and I'll have to adjust to the sun rising and setting at waaay different times. The sun won't be getting up between 4 and 5 back home. I don't know when it's setting at home these days, but probably later than the 6:25 that it's setting here.
So those were just random thoughts as I prepare for my re-entry into the United States of America. I'm excited. I'll be a little sad too about leaving here. But I'll save that for later.
Wait, you felt that you were glued to your phone in the US? And I could still never get a hold of you when I called, especially when Nisrene and I wanted to meet you to work on projects... I'm going to have to start practicing my telepathy skills now if I ever want to get messages to you.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited about the gallon milk, too. And stores open late. They close here around 7pm and aren't open on Sunday at all. I think I'm going to go on a late night shopping trip just to get multiple gallons of milk because I can.
AH! the stores near me are open till 10! he! I'm lucky...but they don't open till 10! ah! it's the bank that gets me as it's only open 9-3 and on the weekedays! i'll have yenn still in the bank when i get back...will need to transfer...so, milk! i drank it from a jar this morning! and the phone! i second that kira! min will be on vibrate from now on!!!
ReplyDeletehey, no update since then???? what what what???
ReplyDelete