Thursday, June 18, 2009

bad news for my fellow commuter

So everyday, or well almost everyday, while I am waiting at Yamato-Saidaiji for my next train to work, a fisherman brings his goods with him to board the train. He has a cart and two big parcels. The train usually stops for a while so he can get all of his stuff on the train because it is pretty heavy, and he's alone to do it. Well today as we were boarding the train, he managed to get his two big parcels on the train before the door shut and the train left without him! I was facing the opposite way when this happened, but I knew something was wrong because it felt like we'd left too soon. So I turned around and saw that he wasn't on the train. The other people on the train with me had these shocked looks on their faces, and we did not know what to do! I could see the very infuriated fisherman desperately walking down the platform and talking to one of the station attendants. I am not sure what they are going to do, but I hope he meets up with his stuff this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment