I probably already mentioned about the holidays in Japan, and how there are so many that you get off of work because people are too loyal and afraid to use their vacation days. Since I have been here, no one on my team has taken more than a day or two of vacation. Well, actually one girl took two days I think, and a lady from a different department who eats lunch with us took one, and hmm that might be all. It is summer time, and I have been here almost five months, I think someone would have gone somewhere in that time. But anyway, thank you for five days off of work!
Now for my travel plans. Tomorrow I am heading to Hiroshima and meeting Nisrene and Tyler. Tyler and I are staying in a youth hostel for three nights and Nisrene will be commuting to us. From there, Tyler and I are visiting castles in Fukuyama and Okayama. Then staying the night with Nisrene in Kurashiki. We will then be moving onto Himeji to see the beautiful castle (again for me!). Then a night in Kobe. Finally, spending two nights in Nagoya (another castle!). Nisrene might be meeting me in Nagoya at the end of the trip, not sure yet, and then she would return to spend the night with me in Nara. I am so excited. I have been to a few of these places already, but I think seeing them again will be great. Less stressful, and I will be able to enjoy it more. Most of this is in the Chugoku area which is less crowded and more spacious, lots of farms and open area. Great place for a vacation.
I just remembered that I never posted any pictures from before! Oh no! Maybe I will remember this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment